Sunday, July 8, 2012

Is it me or??

Since I was a lil girl,
I whirled and whirled
happy in my world
parents who showered
me with their love
a brother with whom
I fought and played

Sweet, fun filled memories
and i think how lucky am I
as not everyone is destined for that

for the love and support we
take for granted
not realising how blessed we are

and yes that has made me a person
who has always been accused of
sporting a smile
a  skip  in my step....
a different person in school,
shy and unsure, yearning but cautious

but on my home turf i reigned
I was a doer, getting kids together
staging plays and skits and dances galore
organizing, producing, directing and staging
oh the adrenalin rush as I stood on stage
acting out plays, introducing characters...

I felt the same thrill when I first
spoke into the mike at the radio station
just out of my  high school
gauche and amateur
but bubbling with enthusiasm and fervor
getting the very first paycheck of my life

so many memories, so many experiences
so much to learn, so many mistakes, so much pain
so much joy, a lot of tears and smiles too

now as I approach my mid life
I look back and think
was I always like this?

Did I always have a smile in my soul
A skip in my heart
Hope in my eyes
Laughter in my thoughts
Chatter in my mind?

Did I always look up
and instead of seeing dark clouds
I see the silver lining running through it
playing hide and seek surely
being truant and ornery
but lurking there, just waiting to be found?

Did I always look at the rain
and instead of seeing the wetness,
the muddy puddles, dirt and grit
I see, refreshing elixir that
refreshes, rejuvenates, revives
bringing forth life to earth's parched surface?

Did I always look at life
and instead of seeing sadness and despairtears and jeers...I still wore my rose colored glasses
that the lasik surgeon did not remove:)
and still enables to help  me see life through rose colored lenses?

Did I always look at a person
and see what they are not, what they do not do,
what they refuse to accept and
see the innate goodness that every person has
within  themselves....just that they are
unaware of this wonderful gift within themselves?

Did I always look at a problem
and not see what i cannot do
but instead focus on what I can do?

As i ruminated and reminisced
I realised that yes the base and the foundation
was there, built through my childhood
the rest evolved as life went through

Just as we all do
learning and accepting,applying and living
nothing unique, nothing different
yet being unique and different...

And this is what I have learned
It is all about perspective
It is all about persistence
It is all about hope
It is all about fate
It is all about faith
It is all about optimism
It is all about being positive
It is all about being able to laugh
It is all about being able to accept
that you are not perfect and that is ok
It is all about being able to giggle at yourself
It is all about being able to accept that yes you do make mistakes
It is all about being able to accept that yes u can do what u want to do
because the power is within u
It is all about being able to say No to things and people u are not comfortable with
It is about being able accept that it  is not humanly possible for you
you to know everything and it is ok to admit it
It is all about being able to accept your limitations and your strengths
It is about having an open mind to learn from everyday experiences
It is about believing in you, your ability to do it
Cos if u do not then how will others believe in you????


Hmmm Is it me or???:))

No comments: